Sunday, October 13, 2013

Portland Boulder Rally 2013

It was a rough weekend 
I came to this event not expecting anything, just go out there and climb and have fun! 
For the first two hours that's what it was... I was trying all sorts of boulders but only completed two harder ones
But the ones I was trying were really fun and I was progressing on them, but could never manage to get to the top! 
I'm the last hour of the event I started to spiral down into a very bad place... And I couldn't control it
I have five boulders on my score card but three of them were warm ups... And I just couldn't manage to send anything else! 
I try all the hard ones at least once and nothing... 
I was in the rabbit hole and couldn't crawl out... It was very frustrating and annoying... I didn't realize how out of shape I really was
It shows that I have not been doing much to improve my climbing, and the only thing that I have to say to my defense is that I've been traveling the last two months which caused a lot of disorder in my life.  I am just now settling in and feel like everything is in place.  But in the end I feel as it is just another excuse that I give myself. 

In the end I did not make finals but jimmy did so it was great to watch him climb. Chairing outside the gym was I little iritating because I do not like crowds, but once we were let in it worked out well because we were in the front row and were able to have maybe the best view in the house! 

Chris and I were keeping track of results and it was nerve racking to watch jimmy compete since he was last out on all the boulders and I knew what he had to do to stay in the lead.  My palms were sweaty and my blood was racing.  

JIMMY WON!!! I was so happy!! 


Sunday we played putt putt at a glow in the dark place.  It was really fun!! 


We ventured to the gym later on where I tried a bunch of other boulders along with the finals boulders.  Once again I was disappointed with myself, but at the end of the day I was able to calm myself and just turn the last two days into training days.  

I finished off with doing an ab workout after all the climbing and I know I will be sore tomorrow!  There are so many things I need to work on, and my attitude is one of them! Hopefully with time I will be able to get to where I want to be.  I just have to be patient and keep a smile on my face even when it seems I'm failing all the time... 

I mean 90% of climbing is failure, falling, trying hard and only 10% of the time we succeed! 

So it's time to train! And get back into shape!! 

The bonus of today was breakfast!! 


Either way I want to thank everyone that made this event possible!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment